103 views
Verified Reviewer

Hi My name is April Montgomery. I purchased a 2010 Toyota corolla from the JD Byrider on central ave Toledo Ohio.

I got a 60,000 mile 48 month warranty with it. I have had it a little over a year and I had 58,000 miles put on it. During this time I have had transmission issues with it hard shifting and sometimes it will not kick into gear correctly. So in August 22nd I took it to the shop on central ave where I had scheduled the appointment.

I told the shop manager what was going on and he said they would look it over and see what they can find out about it and see if its covered under my warranty. They called me a couple hours later and said ITS DEFINENTLY a TRANSMISSION PROBLEM so I set up for the Monday coming up for them to fix it. So on Aug 24th 2020 I dropped my car off where I was told it should be fixed by wen but he would call me and let me know if it will be later and that they were rebuilding the transmission. Well on wen i never got a call and didn't hear anything and I waited until Friday to call.

I called and the shop manager wasn't in the woman at the desk said she didn't have my car and would have to call the transmission shop they used and she told me the name of it and she would call me back. I never got a call back from the shop so I called the transmission shop at 4 o'clock and asked if they had my car THEY SAID THAT JD BYRIDER WAS SUPPOSE TO COME PICK IT UP BECAUSE THEY DID NOT HAVE IT HARD SHIFT AND COULDNT DO ANYTHING WITH IT. So my car sat at the transmission shop for A whole week while I had no other CAR and the transmission never got fixed. I told them that they need to get my car because I need it if they are not going to fix it right now and she got my car back and I picked it up.

On Monday I called and spoke with the store manager and he said he never got a call about my car and that it could be something else going on with my car. I know its the transmission and if it wasn't why did he say it was if there could have been other causes of my transmission not shifting into gear properly why did the auto machinic o0n central jd byrider check that first. I told him after my car sitting in the same shop for a whole week and them not fixing it I don't want my car going back to them because when the JD BYRIDER mechanics tell them what's wrong and to fix it and they don't and they let my car sit there for a whole week with there shop people driving it I don't appreciate it nor do I believe they should have to have my car mess up with tyhem to fix something that was sent to them to be fixed from another mechanic saying that's the issue. I told him if my cars transmission goes out but I'm passed my warranty I'm not going to be happy and I WILL TAKE THEM TO COURT because this issue was brought to their attention and they did nothing to fix what THEY AGREED WAS MESSED UP.

He also said there's nothing he can do. I should have never had to deal with that and the mileage on my car is almost at the 60000 for my warranty mark and it still has not been fixed. It is shifting hard more often and also has trouble sometimes switching into gears when changing speeds. I am very disappointed that I have a warranty and YOUR MACHANICS did not fix my car like they said they were going to and left me without a car for a week.

I am to the point were I will contact the BBB and also the news if I have to to get my car fixed that way it can run properly and I wont have any issues after my warranty runs out. This work was suppose to be covered in my warranty I took it to the JD BYRIDER Shop to get fixed they said that was the issue they were going to get my transmission rebuilt they kept my car for a week without fixing it at all and now its getting closer to my warranty running out and I would like to get it fixed like I was promised so I don't have to sue or take JD BYRIDER to court because I just wasn't my car to run properly like it should be SO PLEASE help me get my car fixed properly and if I have to take it to Toyota itself and get it certified that the transmission is the issue than I would expect it to get fixed with no cost since it will most likely cost me more than 50$ to get it checked there. My number is 419807**** if you could call ne and let me know away to avoid all the headache of court and media bashing because I would rather not I just want what I was is covered with my warranty.

Sorry if this is confusing or hard to understand I have a lot to say as It made me very upset. I do not want any issues I just want my car to run properly with the promise of the warranty and the shop manager gave me when I took it in there to get fixed.

Product or Service Mentioned: Byrider Part Replacement.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Location: 5941 West Central Avenue, Toledo, OH 43615